The old town
The old town of Termoli
The old town has been well restored. It is a genuine walled community jutting out into the sea. Many of the houses have been re-built and painted in a range of pastel colours. In a central square there is the Cathedral (12th-13th century), entitled to St. Mary of the Purification: it is a noteworthy example of Apulian Romanesque architecture which houses the relics of the two city’s patrons, Bassus and Timoteus. The upper part of the façade was destroyed by an earthquake in 1456, and also suffered by the Turk sack of the city in 1566. The Baroque additions were eliminated in the restoration of 1930-1969, returning the edifice to its original appearance. Part of a pre-existing basilica, built in the 11th century (over the orignal, smaller cathedral called Ecclesia Sanctae Mater) but soon destroyed, have been found under the edifice
The Castle is the most preeminent structure in Termoli: erected by count Robert of Loritello during the Norman domination (11th century), it was largely renovated during the rule of Frederick II (1240), after the damage created by an attack of the Venetian fleet. The Castle was part of a wider fortification system, including a wall surrounding the entire city, of which only a tower can still be seen.
Seaside resort. Termoli’s is renowned the quality of its beaches and the relative purity of the waters.Very few non-Italians stay in the community. Increasingly tourists to Molise are from the Naples region and Puglia (just to the south of Molise). Recently huge palm trees have been planted along the seaside walkway and, in the summer, the many restaurants are crowded with visitors from surrounding communities.Within a radius of about twenty-five kilometers from Termoli travellers can reach the hilltowns of Larino, Casacalenda, Montorio, and Montelongo which preserve a way of life which is disappearing in other, more developed, parts of Italy.
What’s Albergo Diffuso?
Albergo Diffuso is a horizontal hotel situated in the Historical Centers, with rooms and services dislocate to you in buildings various, even though near between they, than it addresses to a question interested to stay in a city in a fine context, to contact with the residents, have using of of the normal hotel services.
The Denomination is a homage to the Sveva dynasty, which the Ancient Village must to its period of greater splendor and the whose historical presence is suggellata from the participations of restructure and fortification that Federico II of Svevia brought in XIII sec. to the Castle. The authenticity of the structure and the positioning in a particular fine historicocultural context, are the elements that of it make sample only of receptivity an alternative. The attention to the variety of the needs of the hosts, through a efficient service of courtesy, and the guarantee of an elevated qualitative standard of the services offers, completes the mission business. Proposing the formula to you of the rooms it is diffused, that it is by now the preferred one from the travellers of all the world, we united offer confort and to the heat of house yours to you to the tradition of a hospitality of high level.